back to the gallery
One of America's oldest jewellers, Black, Starr & Frost was founded as Marquand & Paulding in Savannah, Georgia in 1801. In 1810, Isaac Marquand moved to New-York and in 1876, with new partners, the name changed to Black, Starr & Frost. In 1929 it merged with Gorham to become Black, Starr & Frost-Gorham Inc. and in 1962, the firm merged again with Marcus & Co.
Considered as one of the greatest American jewellers, Black, Star, & Frost has produced exquisite jewellery in almost every era and was often chose to be America ambassador at world renowned exhibitions' like the 1851 London Crystal Palace Exhibition, the 1876 Centennial Exhibition in Philadelphia and the 1939 New York World's Fair. Its name is quoted in the Marilyn Monroe's song "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend".